Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Cagayan de Oro mourns and thanks Tita Cory

Noon of today, the CDOBloggers had to meet at divisoria for some work to do for the upcoming Mindanao Bloggers Summit 3 (MBS3).

While we were waiting for the others, I saw yellow ribbons tied at posts around divisoria. I had to take a photo so I can blog about it and let the Aquino family know, in a way, that Cagayan de Oro appreciates so much what Tita Cory has done for everyone. Here's a photo of yellow ribbons we saw around divisoria earlier today:

Yellow ribbons around divisoria for Tita Cory

After a very long, productive, and tiring day, we headed back to divisoria, arrived there around 8pm, so we can go back to our respective homes. As we were about to get a taxi, my sister and I saw this - flowers and candle offerings for Tita Cory from fellow Kagay-anons.

Stage facing the Plaza.

Flowers and Lit Candles from Kagay-anons
(back of the stage)


I had my sister take photos cause I didn't see any media people around, maybe they didn't know or maybe we were just early there. We weren't able to take much photos because my camera ran out of batteries.

Half of this part of Velez road was closed with RTA watching over it. We saw a few men and women in yellow shirts with Tita Cory's picture, we also saw nuns at the plaza. I was going to ask them about what's going to happen tonight but they looked busy trying to organize things and talking so I didn't get the chance to.

the Men wearing Tita Cory shirts busy talking about something.

Yellow flowers for Tita Cory

As we stayed a bit longer, a lot of people came and lit a candle for Tita Cory as they passed by. Also those people who just came out from work, like these people from Agfa Colorhouse whose office is about a block away from this street.

Kagay-anons lit candles for Tita Cory

More people arrived and lit a candle for Tita Cory
(my last photo of the night)

When my friend PangitSter plurked that he just got home, I asked him if there was still people in the plaza, he said there were alot, maybe they'd go on a vigil. I thought the same way, we just don't know the exact details. I just overheard the guy talking when we left that there was going to be a mass while he was talking about how good Tita Cory was.

To the icon and mother of Philippine democracy - we will miss you po. Thank you for giving us the inspiration and a lot of hope for a better Philippines. For the sacrifice, the hard work, and the love you have shown for the Filipinos. We thank you po. You will be always remembered by the Kagay-anons.

1 comment: