Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Customer Service

Got this from someone who's not connected to my network in any way..maybe multiply's having problems right now - but thanks, i found it funny. hehe

This has got to be one of the funniest I've heard in a long time. I think

this guy should have been promoted, not fired. This is a true story from
the WordPerfect Help line which was transcribed from a recording monitoring the Customer Care Department. Needless to say, the Help Desk employee was fired; however he is currently suing the WordPerfect organization for "Termination without Cause." This is the actual dialogue of a former WordPerfect Customer Support employee (now I know why they record these conversations).
 
Starts here:

Employee--"Rich Hall, Computer Assistance; may I help you?"

Customer--"Yes, well, I'm having trouble with WordPerfect."

Employee--"What sort of trouble?"

Customer--"Well, I was just typing along, and all of
a sudden, the words went away."

Employee--"Went away?"

Customer--"They disappeared."

Employee--"Hmmm......... So what does your screen look like now?"

Customer--"Nothing."

Employee--"Nothing?"

Customer--"It's a blank; it won' t accept anything when I type."

Employee--"Are you still in WordPerfect, or did you get out?"

Customer--"How do I tell?"

Employee--"Can you see the 'C:' prompt on the screen?"

Customer--"What is a sea prompt?"

Employee--"Never mind, can you move your cursor around the screen?"

Customer--"There isn't any cursor; I told you, it
won't accept anything I type."

Employee--"Does your monitor have a power indicator?"

Customer--"What's a monitor?"

Employee--"It's the thing with the screen on it that looks like a TV.
Does
it have a little light that tells you when it's on?"

Customer--"I don't know....."

Employee--"Well, then look on the back of the monitor and find where
the
power cord goes into it. Can you see that?"

Customer--"Yes, I think so."

Employee--"Great. Follow the cord to the plug, and
tell me if it's plugged into the wall."

Customer--"Yes, it is."

Employee--"When you were behind the monitor, did you notice that
there were
two cables plugged into the back of it,
not just
one?"

Customer--"No."

Employee--"Well, there are. I need you to look back
there again and find the other cable."

Customer--"Okay, here it is."

Employee--"Follow it for me, and tell me if it's plugged securely into
the
back of your computer."

Customer--"I can't reach."

Employee--"Uh huh. Well, can you see if it is?"

Customer--"No."

Employee--"Even if you maybe put your knee on
something and lean way over?"

Customer--"Oh, it's not because I don't have the
right angle, it's because it's dark."

Employee--"Dark?"

Customer--"Yes - the office light is off, and the
only light I have is coming in from the window."

Employee--"Well, turn on the office light then."

Customer--"I can't."

Employee--"No? Why not?"

Customer--"Because there's a power failure."

Employee--"A power.......a power failure?.... Aha!
Okay, we've got it licked now. Do you still have the boxes
and manuals
and the packing stuff your computer came in?"

Customer--"Well, yes, I keep them in the closet."

Employee--"Good.. Go get them, and unplug your system and pack it up
just
like it was when you got it. Then take it back
to
the store you bought it."


Customer--"Really? Is it that bad?"

Employee--"Yes, I'm afraid it is."

Customer--"Well, all right then, I suppose. What do
I tell them?"

Employee--"Tell them you're too stupid to own a computer..."

No comments:

Post a Comment