Friday, January 16, 2009

Helping the flood victims..

When I heard there are thousands affected by the flash floods and heavy rain I really wanted to help them. If only I was very rich, I would have housed them somewhere and fed them, but I'm not. So I only gave what I can afford as of the moment.

Eversince the start of the flood, I have been a frequent listener of DXCC for live updates on different locations. I also knew they accepted donations so I gave away some of our old clothes and donated a sack of rice there. When I got there, their employees were segregating the donated clothes and it was already on a very large pile. Canned goods and other food items were also on another corner, their lobby was almost full, some of the donations were even left outside so there would be space inside.

I also heard from Campus Radio's DJ Papa Ardie(who's also the Student Affairs and Services Coordinator at COC) that COC is housing about 300 evacuees in their old building. I went there and gave them 2 sacks of rice, one from me and one from Stephen Lim, the supplier of rice.

... Read more - Click Here for pictures

No comments:

Post a Comment