Sunday, July 26, 2009

Our First ToyCon Experience

June 13, 2009 - My Bro-in-Law Eric told me about this yearly toy convention and at first I didn't know what it was. All he said was all kinds of toys will be displayed there and will be sold way much lesser than their original price. So I was so excited to have Zaza experience it too coz I have been looking for some Cars characters that I couldn't find here in Cagayan de Oro.

The event was at SM Mega Mall Megatrade Hall 2-3, we came early but the line was already very long, good thing Eric saw one of his friends and we, as if, went together. lol. The ticket was 100/head and Zaza was free.


The very long line - start of the line is at the other side.

As soon as we got in, we passed thru the booth where they gave away stickers and posters for free and we started to go around and check the toys. I specifically looked for the Tractor and Frank of the Cars movie and they didn't have any. Eric got Zaza a mini Wall-E that didn't last long cause Zaza thought its body parts were working so he moved it, mini Wall-E's head only lasted about 15minutes. A few minutes after the incident we passed by a stall that had a bigger Wall-E and was talking and moving. Back here in Cagayan de Oro that toy costed around almost 4,000 pesos and there it costed 1,000 pesos so I had to buy it for him, with my last money, cause I don't know when our next visit to Manila will be or if we'll ever experience another ToyCon again. He loved it, said thank you to me a couple of times and kept pushing the button to make wall-e talk and walk.

The receiving booth where we got the free posters and stickers.

Marvel Superheroes posters that we got for free. (L-R: Zaza, Eric, and Pilar)

Disney Cars collectibles.

Sad Zaza holding the beheaded mini Wall-E

Testing the bigger talking and walking Wall-E

Thomas and Friends booth.

Eric also bought him a big Bumblebee at the Transformers section of Toy Kingdom. As we walked around, we passed by the Star Wars section and there were clone troopers there. Zaza didn't know what they were, he was afraid at first but when one of the troopers asked for a high five from Zaza he wasn't scared then. Zaza had a picture with Atiu Eric and I asked for a pic with them too. We also took photos with the other characters from all different shows that's on display there.

Zaza sharing high five with clone trooper.

My pic with the clone trooper.

Zaza said: "hala si, si, uhm.." then I said: "si stitch baby" then he just stared at it.

Supersized Ronald.

After a very long walk and tour around the ToyCon we went out and ate for the first time at Sbarro. I heard they have very good food, but I had a headache then and I didn't like what I ordered from there, maybe I'll give them another chance and ask them next time what they'd recommend so I can say too that I love their food.

Our orders at Sbarro.

After eating, we went to Toy Kingdom and looked for a basketball ball cause Eric promised Zaza a new ball cause there was one time Zaza said, all his balls were back at home and he wanted to play with a ball. Eric bought him a spalding ball, and at the section he even showed his moves to us.

Our pic outside Toy Kingdom

Stuffed tigers we saw when we came in.

We also walked around Toy Kingdom and took pictures with some characters from movies that are stuffed, like a huge Dory and Nemo also with their huge stuffed animals, some Zaza was afraid of, some he was amazed of. But there was this one stuffed tiger that he really wanted - we captured the moment he hugged it and said goodbye cause he knew I didn't have the money to buy it. It was crazy expensive, around 2000 pesos for the baby tiger??

Dory from the movie Finding Nemo which is as big as he is.

A much bigger stuffed Tiger and Cheetah.

His look saying goodbye to the expensive baby tiger.

After a long day of walk around the mall, we passed by Thumbs Up and had Zaza try it, he totally loved them, then we headed home. Bathed Zaza when we arrived cause he was all over the animals, toys, and everywhere and I felt like he has all the germs in the world. He then asked for his toys and played with them. I also took a photo of what he got that day.

Zaza eating Thumbs Up ice cream.

Zaza and his toys from ToyCon and Toy Kingdom.

It was a nice experience, something that doesn't happen here in Cagayan de Oro. Maybe they should do it next time.


More toycon info here: http://toyconph.com

No comments:

Post a Comment