Sunday, July 19, 2009

Zaza & the Lechon head

5/17/09 - Joy (miyahmayah) was out for a meeting/party at church. Here in the Philippines - I'm not sure if it's also applicable to other parts of the world - during big parties.. left overs can be brought home by either close guests, or the host of the party for someone who didn't make it to the party, we call it BH (Bring Home) or sometimes called as Balot (wrapped). At Joy's meeting, they had alot of left overs, so joy got some for us at home. When she came home Zaza was already sleeping, so she reserved the surprise for the next day.

5/18/09 - Zaza woke up earlier than me so I didn't get to see the action. Mom showed Zaza his surprise - the Lechon head - Joy (miyahmayah) then took pictures of him with it. Eversince Zaza was born, he never had a lechon bought for him, even during his birthday, nor did we serve on special family occassions. There was once at my older sister pilarmarielim's wedding with ewicgarcia but the lechon came chopped already. So this is the closest moment he had with a dead/cooked pig. When I woke up about 2hrs after, he bragged about seeing it but now Ama (my mom) has already cooked it. He was so excited to show me the pictures on my cam that he had to get it and said I should turn it on. hehehe.


Zaza had to touch it, and looked confused. hehe

More photos here.

Lechon here in Cagayan de Oro costs about 2,000 - 3,000 pesos.. That could already feed about 150 guests :) During peak season like Christmas or Graduation it usually climbs up to 3,500 depending on the size.

No comments:

Post a Comment